State law mandates that a teacher’s grade is final and cannot be changed unless it is erroneous, arbitrary, or violates the district’s grading policy. If you are requested to change a grade, you should follow these procedures:
  • In writing, ask for the reasons why the request is being made. Ask that these reasons be put in writing.
  • Ask for any and all documentation that would support such a request.
  • If you disagree with the change, call your association at once.
  • Grades are legal documents. Changing grades illegally can lead to loss of a teaching certificate for the person ordering the changes.