Some Ideas For Giving Notice Of Discipline Violations:
  1. Infraction notices should be filled out — even though you are going to take care of the problem by yourself.
  2. Have students sign the infraction notice. If a student refuses to sign the notice, put “Student Refused To Sign” on the slip.
  3. Send copies of classroom violations to the office, counselor, and parent for their information (FYI).
  4. Mail FYI notices home to parents on Thursdays in a plain or colorful envelope. Do not use a school envelope for this purpose.
If problems continue, parents should be called or notified. (Please see section on dealing with parents.) Again, the teacher should deal with minor problems. However, at some point help from the office must be sought for some students.