T-TESS: Year End Conference
What is the T-TESS Year End Conference?
The end-of-year conference is for teachers and appraisers to review the information collected throughout the year, summarize the current year, and prepare for the next year. It is important to note that you are an active participant in this process. Be prepared to review, discuss, contribute, and share. Domain 4 will be rated using information shared by both the teacher and the appraiser.
What will happen at the Year End Conference?
During this meeting, the teacher and appraiser will:
- Review final observation data for Domains 1, 2, and 3.
- Share and discuss evidence for Domain 4.
- Discuss new goals and professional development activities for the next school year.
How do I prepare for the Conference?
The end-of-year conference provides the opportunity for a teacher to present evidence related to his or her completion of the professional practices and responsibilities captured in Domain 4 of the T-TESS Rubric.
What are the possible sources of evidence and artifacts?
Artifacts are documents, records, objects and other items that provide evidence of the impact of instructional and professional practices. Possible sources include, but are not limited to:
Dimension 4.1: Professional Demeanor and Ethics
- Evidence of teacher complying with all professional standards
- Documentation of teacher supporting campus expectations
- Emails advocating for student needs
- Tutoring Logs
- Meeting notes from RTI and ARD meetings
Dimension 4.2: Goal Setting
- Professional goals set for the year
- Evidence of goal completion
- Student work showing improvement based on goal
- Student growth and/or achievement data
- Examples of teacher self-reflection
- Documentation of implemented changes made based on constructive feedback from conferences and observations
Dimension 4.3: Professional Development
- Professional development transcript
- Certificates from trainings
- Agendas and materials from PD created or facilitated by you
- PLC, grade-level, or department meeting minutes/notes
- Evidence of collaboration and information sharing with colleagues
Dimension 4.4: School Community Involvement
- Parent contact Log
- Evidence of an established method of communicating student behavior, daily or weekly
- Classroom newsletter or website
- Sign-in sheets for meet-the-teacher night, open house, or community/family engagement nights
- Notes from parent/teacher conferences
- List of all committee meetings attended including campus and district-level
- Partnership with community organizations related to the campus and school district
- Participation in a parent panel or advisory group